If you’re looking for tech specs on Bulldog Quick Change or DMI Racing Components, you’ve come to the right place! Below are a few of the common questions we receive. If you’re looking for additional rear specifications including pinion preload, backlash, tube lengths, etc. I encourage you to view the catalog. The information for closed tube rears can be found on pages 16-17 and pages 42-43 for open tube rears. Additional technical info can be found on pages 29 & 50 including oil level, recommended oil and more. Don’t see the info you’re looking for below? You can also visit our YouTube channel for technical assistance. Still have a question? We’re waiting to take your call. Please contact us and one of our friendly team members will help.
- Threaded Pinch Bolt Torsion Arm & Stop Torque 30 ft/lbs.
- Torque Ball Housing or Rear Cover Tall Nut Torque 15 ft/lbs.
- We recommend a #2 High Temp Grease on the Torque Ball and Torque Tube or motor oil *The Seals-It Torque Ball Seal (SEALSIT-TBS1A-07) does a great job keeping dirt out
- Use powdered or spray graphite on rear axle nuts to prevent galling or sticking.
- Closed Tube Bell/Tube Assembly should be replaced if runout exceeds .035″.
- Replace Closed Tube Lower Shafts every 1800 laps. Replace axle spools every 3000 laps.
- Replace Sprint Car or Midget Rear Axles every 1000 laps.
- Bulldog Quick Change Rears are “tight” from new! It’s our #1 FAQ. Our castings are 100% aircraft Magnesium and require a tighter stack up than our competitors. We have found tighter is better. Our testing has found that a tighter rear runs cooler and rolls with less resistance under load.
Ready to win with the best components on the planet? Download a catalog or contact us today! Our team is standing by to help you get across the finish line faster!